dinsdag 21 oktober 2014

The silks are finally here!!!

Yes indeed!

After neglecting you for several months, we have to catch up. Since my last post I have travelled to India to hand pick new silks. This time I had a very special travel mate, my 8-year old son Maurits. He has been persisting for more then a year that he would like to come, but I was not convinced that he would enjoy the silk shopping part of the trip. I was reluctant because We could not afford spending all our time in malls and swimming pools.

But, honestly, I have to say that I was blown away by his patience, perseverance and good taste. And all this is apart from being excellent company! So this time we travelled together (plane, car, riksja), we ate together (coconut, biryani, palak paneer, pani puri, and more...), and we shopped together (silks, elephants and everything in between). For 10 full days we enjoyed and inhaled Mumbai to the fullest and yes, we did do malls and swimming pools too.

Today, after more then 2,5 months, our silks finally arrived. I needed the help of all the neighborhood kids (including my own)  to get all the silk inside. But they now have excellent crates to play in!

So stay tuned for new beauties to appear in my shop soon.......

(Pictures are a courtesy of Eric Fecken)




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten